Obtain an application form at the Northville Parks and Recreation
Department office (Recreation Center at Hillside), or by clicking on the
link to the right. Complete the application by filling out all required
areas. If an area of the application does not apply, please indicate by
placing n/a not applicable) in the space provided.
Attach a copy of your current resume, if appropriate. Your resume may
highlight special skills or training not covered on the application
form. Do not send only a resume; you will be asked to complete an
All applications will be reviewed. Applicants will be selected for an
interview on the basis of education, skills and experience. Not all
applicants are selected for an interview. You will be contacted by
telephone if you are selected to receive an interview.
For specific questions about a position requirements, please contact
the Parks and Recreation Department staff member listed with each
Attendant – Northville Parks and Recreation
Northville Parks and Recreation is accepting applications for Park
Attendant position – weekend and evening shifts. Employees in this
position provide supervision and maintenance services for the Northville
Parks & Recreation outdoor facilities.
Successful candidates must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid
driver’s license, excellent customer service skills, and be able to
perform basic maintenance duties. Average work week schedule would be 10
– 20 hours per week, with schedules changing monthly based on park
usage. This is a seasonal position.
Applications accepted online at
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Head & Assistant Coaches for Travel &
Lacrosse 5th -8th grade boys
Job Title: Head or Assistant Lacrosse Coach
Effectively able to head or assistant coach for 5th & 6th and 7th & 8th
grade boys Lacrosse
Qualifications: Must be eligible for
employment in the United States and possess a valid Michigan driver’s
license. These positions require Proof of registration with the US
Lacrosse Association. Applicant should have coaching or playing lacrosse
Supervised by: Lacrosse Coordinator or their designee
Estimated Work Time: Employment is approximately March through early
June with the exception of calendar dictated holiday/s.
These positions are paid on a Contracted Service basis. Pay is
commensurate with experience and responsibilities.
Deadline: Open until filled
To apply contact Kathy Koupal via email
or 248-349-0203, ext. 1408
Lifeguard - available to work days, evenings and weekends. Must
have current American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR-PR Certifications. Must
be 15 years of age or older. Starting wage is $7/hour with current
lifeguard & CPR-PR certifications.
Substitute Water Fitness Instructor - available to work evenings and
weekends. Position requires an experienced, well-trained professional to
teach a wide range of classes.
Swim Instructor - available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Position will be teaching all swimming abilities, group and private
lessons. Water Safety Instructor certification or 6 months
teaching experience is preferred.
Head Lifeguard (see detailed description below) - available to work days, evenings and weekends.
Must be 18 years of age. Must have current American Red Cross
Lifeguard, CPR-PR & Water Safety instructor Certifications. Must
show good leadership skills & prefer previous headguard/manager
- Great for college students!
- We offer flexible scheduling, rewarding experiences, & fun
- Fill out an application at the Recreational Center at Hillside or
click on the link below.
For further information call Lindsey Butzin, Aquatic Supervisor at
248-349-0203 ext. 1410.
Northville Parks and Recreation is a
Shared Service of the Charter Township of Northville and the City of
Northville and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A part-time supervisory position within the aquatics program.
Responsible for daily supervision of aquatic programs and staff,
maintaining current certifications, maintaining a high level of
knowledge in Lifeguarding, First Aid and CPR/AED skills, light
maintenance, additional duties assigned as needed, and respond
effectively in any emergency situation according to the aquatic/facility
This position is a non-union, part-time position, with varying hours
(based on availability) per week, year-round.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements describe the general nature and level of
work performed by the Head Lifeguard, but is not an exhaustive list of
all job duties performed:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Northville Parks and Recreations
Aquatic programs, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of American Red Cross Lifeguarding
and First-Aid, American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED for Lifeguards.
- Communicate regularly with staff and patrons, as appropriate, to
ensure they are aware of facility rules and regulations, facility
programs. Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and
- Provide for the health and safety of participants and staff,
including ensuring that all pool deck and locker room areas are free
of hazards, and that materials and equipment are safe.
- Maintain a clean, well-kept aquatic area.
- Coordinate, recognize and respond effectively in emergencies in
accordance with facility emergency action plans.
- Delegate, supervise and aide in the set-up and clean-up of
aquatic activities and/or programs and tasks.
- Act in a professional manner.
- Perform daily checks (equipment, employee folders, first aid
box, fanny-pack, etc.)
- Complete file and sort miscellaneous records and reports.
- Attend and participate in regular in-service training sessions
and staff meetings.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the Aquatic Supervisor
- Process monies collected for drop-in activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have an understanding of aquatic facility characteristics,
rules, policies and procedures.
- Have leadership, customer service and public relations skills.
- Have decision-making skills.
- Have communication skills.
This position reports directly to the Aquatic Supervisor or designee.
Minimum Qualification and Current certifications in the following
are required for the duration of employment
- Over the age of 18.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for Lifeguards.
Current certifications in the following are preferred
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Instructor
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for Lifeguards Instructor
© 2013, City of Northville Parks and Recreation
Northville Parks & Recreation, 700 W. Baseline Rd.,
Northville, MI 48167
Phone: 248-349-0203, Fax: 248-380-8611
Hotline (after 4:00pm): 248-449-9951